Successfully Dealing with Difficult Co-workers, Peers, and Even Bosses
Difficult people – they are everywhere. Perhaps it’s a co-worker, a subordinate, a customer, your boss, or even a neighbor. Regardless of their role in life, these chronically frustrating folks waste your time, cost you money and make your life miserable. You may wish they would just go away. The reality is that Stressful People are here to stay. In this upbeat, informative seminar, you’ll learn how to deal with them in a way that’s a win-win for both of you.
You will walk out with strategies to:
- Identify the three key diagnostic indicators of stressful people
- Work with the four most common types of stressful people
- Establish interpersonal contracts to prevent problems
- Stand up for yourself without becoming overly aggressive
- Prevent Potshot Artists from stabbing you in the back
- Stand up to the Office Bully, even if he or she is your boss
- Bring Conversational Ramblers to the point
- Engage Silent Sulkers so they contribute more and bring others down less
- Get the best from Self Proclaimed Experts (aka Know-it-alls)
- Motivate Chronic Complainers to put up or shut up
- Keep a positive, healthy mental attitude
- Use the magic power of “Other Focus” to bring out the best in them
- Overcome differences of opinion within your team to achieve win/win outcomes.
- Increase your ICSR (Internal Customer Satisfaction Rating).
- Play positive politics to get your ideas taken seriously and your projects complete successfully.
- Adapt your working style to mesh with others.
- Identify and celebrate the strengths of others to achieve greater results.
- Increase team cohesiveness
Participants Also Get:
- An opportunity to submit a description of your personal situation and Larry’s thoughts on how to handle it.
- A comprehensive handout in pdf form will be e-mailed to you prior to the program.
- A live, open-mic Q&A period to get your specific questions answered.
- A list of key points emailed to you that you can use as a memory jogger.